What is Parent Coaching?
Parent coaching is exactly what the name implies. It is not therapy, which is why formal training in psychological theory or currently vogue therapeutic methods is not required. Parent coaching simply assumes that proper parenting involves certain skills that can be taught, learned, and improved upon with dedicated practice. These skills, because they are beneficial to both parent and child, are self-reinforcing.
Authoritative decision-making ,minimal use of explanation ,maintenance of a clear boundaries between leader and led.
Coaching is a process that takes place over a series of conversations that will help you to clarify your values and dreams for your family. We’ll then take steps to overcome the challenges you are facing using strategies that are unique to you and your family.
- Discover what is working in your current situation.
- Clarify your values, vision and dreams for yourself and your children.
- Design steps to help you reach what you desire.
- Celebrate your success as we begin to see the evidence of your desired changes in your family.
- Continue to build momentum to carry you forward into the best possible future.